Thursday, April 19, 2018

Seonyudo Park


About once a month, the teachers in my office, the 교과실, are allowed to leave campus in the afternoon for a "team-building" experience. I recently posted about our trip to an art museum--a couple of times last year we went to see a movie. Anyway, yesterday, we went to Seonyudo Park. Some things that end with -do in Korean are islands, and that is the case here. But don't get it confused with the one in Gunsan 군산 , on the west coast. This Seonyudo 선유도 is a small island in the middle of the Han River, north of Yeouido; it was once the site of a water purification plant, but today the entire island is a park.

Walking across the pedestrian overpass to the island has some good vistas of the city,


...but I liked this shot with the leafy frame.


As I've noted, it's springtime, and there were lots of blooms (azalea, peach and lilac, not sure about the next one offhand):


The last one above is a Japanese red maple--it's always like that.

The park has numerous features, including an aquatic garden, a couple of greenhouses, and this:


And of course, walking paths. Here are my co-workers ahead of me on one of them.


Finally, a pic of me in the greenhouse.





No comments: