Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Roses Are Red, Even in Korea

In the last week or three, the rose canes that laid dormant all winter have begun to show their stuff. The blooms hang in profusion over the fences round the apartment complexes I walk past each day on the way to and from work.





As you can see, mostly they are red--good, deep red--but there is the occasional yellow one:


I also snapped a couple of pics of the flower boxes of petunias which decorate the new center-lane bus stop on the Gimpo Airport road (yes, that is a car zipping through the crosswalk, even though the light has changed, as you can see from the green "walk/don't walk" figure):



I gotta say, natural beauty that I get to see every morning, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of skyscrapers that is Deungchon-dong, puts a little spring in my step!

No comments: