Friday, November 21, 2008

Friday Night in the World's #2 Agglomeration

And what did I do? I went over to Hwang's house and talked about books with his 10-year-old daughter. She is currently reading a bio of Obama. That was followed by floor baseball with his 8 y.o. son. I added sound effects and little drama--blowing out my shoulder and having to replace myself with myself as a rightie, etc--but he managed to beat me. The score was 2 - 2 in the bottom of the ninth, two outs, two strikes and a man on third. The pitch, the swing, the ball sails just past my outstretched hand ... a double to drive in the winning run. Did I mention the kid is crazy about baseball?

Somewhere in there was beer and samgyupsal, so it was all good.

2 comments:

Unsinkable Marge said...

What's samgyupsal?

Tuttle said...

Samgyupsal is possibly the best thing to eat in the whole world, that's all. It is sliced fatback pork grilled at the table. You wrap a piece in lettuce (or preferably a sesame leaf), add panchan like onion, mushroom, garlic, pickled radish, a little spicy red sauce, etc.